- Minnesota forward Kevin Love was not with the team for Monday’s game against the Indiana Pacers because of a concussion and a neck strain.
- The Washington Wizards have signed guard Morris Almond and waived Roger Mason Jr., who is out for the season after surgery on his broken left index finger.
- Orlando Magic coach Stan Van Gundy says he’s preparing to play the rest of the regular season and playoffs without injured star Dwight Howard.
- The Golden State Warriors have signed free agent center Mikki Moore to a contract, the team announced Monday. Per team policy, terms of the agreement were not released. San Jose Mercury-News
- The beating Griffin’s taken around the rim has impacted him on the court. “It’s affected me this year a lot, especially with the referees,” he said. “I’m just getting frustrated and getting my self in trouble with officials.”Orange County Register
- Carmelo Anthony saw the opportunity for a “new start” in New York once coach Mike D’Antoni resigned and was replaced by assistant Mike Woodson. In an interview on WFAN on Monday morning, Anthony said Woodson called him out in one of his first team meetings as coach. “It was a new start for me, a new start for the team, a new start for the New York Knicks when coach Woodson came on,” Anthony said. “The most important thing is he held me accountable for everything. I hold myself accountable for everything. It was a lot more responsibility that I had to take on and I was willing to do that. New York Post
- Rose was fined $25,000 last month for making comments toward officials after a March 12 game against the New York Knicks. “I’ve gotta be the only superstar in the league that’s going through what I’m going through right now,” Rose said at the time, referring to a lack of foul calls in his favor. “But I can’t say too much about it.” This time, he took matters into his own hands. He felt it was time to stand up for himself against Villanueva. “You got to,” Rose said. “He didn’t even aim for the ball. At least go for the ball. I felt like he didn’t and that’s the reason why I got mad a little bit.” ESPN.com
- Warriors forward David Lee might be done for the season because of a groin injury.
- The NBA is awarding New Orleans the 2014 All-Star game, now that Tom Benson has agreed to buy the Hornets and sign a lease extension at New Orleans Arena, a person familiar with the decision said. ESPN.com