NEW YORK – Seven ties among teams that finished the 2011-12 NBA regular season with identical records were broken today through random drawings to help determine the order of selection for the 2012 NBA Draft, which will be held on Thursday, June 28, at The Prudential Center in Newark, N.J.
The drawings were conducted earlier today in New York City by Carol Sawdye, NBA Chief Financial Officer, and Dan Rube, NBA Senior Vice President and Deputy General Counsel, and was overseen by the accounting firm of Ernst & Young.
The results of the drawings:
· Cleveland (21-45) won a tiebreaker with New Orleans.
· Sacramento (22-44) won a tiebreaker with New Jersey.
· Golden State (23-43) won a tiebreaker with Toronto.
· New York (36-30) won a tiebreaker with Dallas; and Dallas won a
tiebreaker with Utah.
· L.A. Clippers (40-26) won a tiebreaker with Atlanta.
· L.A. Lakers (41-25) won a tiebreaker with Memphis.
· Chicago (50-16) won a tiebreaker with San Antonio.
Attached is the order of selection for the 2012 NBA Draft, as well as the number of chances for teams in the 2012 NBA Draft Lottery, to be held May 30.
2012 FIRST ROUND DRAFT CHOICE ORDER
The teams entered in the lottery, to be held on May 30, 2012, are as follows (note: the first three picks in the Draft will be determined by the lottery and the remainder of the “lottery teams” will select in positions 4 through 14 in inverse order of their consolidated standings at the end of the regular season):
LOTTERY CHANCES (out of 1,000)
New Orleans 137
New Jersey (To Portland if not Top 3) 75
Golden State (To Utah if not Top 7) 36
Minnesota (To New Orleans via LA Clippers) 11
The order for the remainder of the first round picks is as follows:
16. New York (To Houston)
18. Utah (To Minnesota)
22. LA Clippers (To Boston via OKC)
24. LA Lakers (To Cleveland)
28. Oklahoma City
30. San Antonio (To Golden State)
33/34. New Orleans (To Cleveland via Miami)
35/36. New Jersey (To Golden State)
37/38. Golden State (To Denver via New York)
40. Minnesota (To Portland via Houston)
43. Phoenix (To Atlanta)
44. Houston (To Detroit)
46. Dallas (To Washington)
48. New York
52. Atlanta (To Golden State)
53. LA Clippers
54. Memphis (To Philadelphia)
55. LA Lakers (To Dallas)
56. Indiana (To Toronto)
57. Miami (To New Jersey)
58. Oklahoma City (To Minnesota)
59. San Antonio
60. Chicago (To New Jersey via Milwaukee or to LA Lakers via New
Jersey and Milwaukee)