- Boston Celtics’ guard Rajon Rondo is suspended for Game 2 after bumping the ref in Game 1.
- Los Angeles Lakers forward Jordan Hill faces a felony assault charge after his girlfriend accused him of choking and shoving her in Houston earlier this year.
- The Charlotte Bobcats have announced that coach Paul Silas won’t be back following the worst season in NBA history.
- Los Angeles Clippers forward Caron Butler is likely out for the rest of the playoffs after breaking his left hand in Game 1 against Memphis.
- Add another name to the ever-expanding list of Kevin Garnett critics. Hawks rookie forward Ivan Johnson became the latest to join the chorus this afternoon after Hawks practice. “Garnett, he’s a dirty player,” Johnson said. “He gives me a lot of elbows, and I can handle that.” Johnson said he expected that Garnett and the Celtics would attempt to do things to incite a reaction. “I was prepared for that,” Johnson said. “I already knew how KG was going to come at me. They’re a whole bunch of mess-talkers.” Boston Herald
- While Baron Davis said his back is feeling better and will start Game 2 Monday night against the Heat, in the grand scheme of things the point guard’s health is still concerning. “This is definitely a problem,” said Davis, whose back stiffened up in Game 1 from a combination of physical contact and a collision with Dwyane Wade early in the third quarter. “But there ain’t nothing much I can do about that. I’ve just got to go out there and play smart and put myself in the right position all the time and just give it my all.” ESPN.com