- There will be no more professional basketball in New York City, at least until next season as the Knicks fall to the Miami Heat in Game 5 of the Eastern Conference first round series on Wednesday night in Miami, 106-94.
- LeBr0n James had 29 points, eight rebounds and seven assists, Chris Bosh and Dwyane Wade both scored 19 points.
- Carmelo Anthony scored 35 points for the Knicks.
- Anthony has played 54 postseason games, being part of wins only 17 times.
- Amare Stoudemire scored 14 points, Landry Fields and J.R. Smith both added 12,Mike Bibby had 10 and Tyson Chandler grabbed 11 rebounds for New York.
- James shot 48 percent from the field in the series; Anthony shot 42 percent. James averaged 6.2 rebounds and 5.6 assists; Anthony averaged 8.2 rebounds and 2.2 assists.
- Their head-to-head scoring matchup in this series was even, 139 points apiece.
- The Knicks are 1-8 in playoff games with Anthony and Stoudemire as teammates.
- Marc Gasol and Zach Randolph power the Grizzlies past the Clippers on Wednesday night in Memphis, 92-80, giving them another life by forcing a Game 6.
- Marc Gasol scored 23 points and Zach Randolph added 19.
- Mo Williams had 20 points for the Clippers while Chris Paul scored 19 and Blake Griffinhad 15 points and 11 rebounds.
- The Clippers said Paul strained his right hip flexor, while the guard also jammed a finger.
- Griffin sprained his left knee.
- Chris Paul did not play as well as he did in Game 4 when he single-handedly led the Clippers to victory.
- Last night he had just five points by halftime and scored nothing in the fourth quarter.
- Meanwhile Gasol scored 12 points in the first quarter and Randolph hit his first six shots in scoring 15 points while grabbing five rebounds as Memphis led 36-22 at the end of the first quarter.