Exclusive: Magic are ready to trade Howard

I’ve already told you that Dwight Howard wants out of Orlando, and now I have another piece of info to report.

A plugged-in league source tells SheridanHoops.com that the feeling is mutual, and Orlando is prepared to trade him sooner rather than later.

The source said that when Magic team president traveled to Michigan last weekend to speak in person with owner Rich DeVos, the conclusion was reached that not only was it time for Stan Van Gundy and Otis Smith to go, but Howard, too.

That means the Magic will be proactive in soliciting deals once next week’s draft lottery results are in, clearing up the lay of the land in terms of which teams can offer the most value in return.

The source spoke to SheridanHoops.com on condition of anonymity.

The latest news comes in the wake of this site’s report that Howard wants out of Orlando, and our subsequent report addressing possible landing zones for the NBA’s best center.

ESPN.com, meanwhile, was reporting that the Magic were considering hiring Shaquille O’Neal as general manager and finding a way for the Boston Celtics to release Doc Rivers from the remaining four years of his five-year contract as ways to entice Howard to remain.

O’Neal released a statement today saying he has no interest in the job.

I entertained a few questions about Howard earlier today in a live chat session. Click over the give it a read.

I also discussed the Howard situation on XTRA910 radio in Phoenix. Click here to listen to the interview.

Share the Love
Breaking News

Comments

Any steps you consider now are certain to be the right types
    even if you make other people anxious. Whatever form of psychic studying you
    may discover appropriate for your need. You will be happiest focusing on practical matters.

Here is my web-site – Is AskNow Legit?

It’s the best time to make some plans for the future and it’s time to be
    happy. I have read this post and if I could I want to suggest you few interesting things or suggestions.
    Perhaps you can write next articles referring to this article.
    I wish to read more things about it!

3. Mike G says

There’s a reason your sources are anonymous, this is an insanely premature report so that if he does get traded this desperate idiot can claim he reported it first.

• Andrew says

Take your racism and shove it up your @$$.. oh I shouldn’t say that, you are prob a homophobe too.

4. thomas says

2 sources on realGM go against your source of orlando already deciding to trade D12. how likely do you think it would be for orlando to land kupchack? and or brian shaw? i tinhk those two moves definitely will restore faith in us orlando fans!! with or without howard….. and also do you think it’s likely for D12 to be traded for a #1 pick( unibrow)? im concerned for howards back, so maybe now is the best time to part ways

5. Randolph says

Chris Sheridan what the % Dwight Howard becomes a Brooklyn Nets and if they land the #1 overall pick
    what pieces do you see Billy King sending to Orlando

6. Erik says

Chris, where do you think he ends up?

I know you’ve mentioned the Knicks and Nets. I don’t see the Knicks trading Melo, which would be necessary to get him. Also, I don’t see the Nets having good assets unless they get a top 3 pick (what a terrible/pointless trade for G Wallace).

It’s gotta be the Lakers, right?

• says

When I was asked that in my chat today, I said gun-to-my-head pick would be Lakers. But the next step is to wait and see who wins the draft lottery, especially if Nets keep their pick (only if it is Top 3). Once lottery winners are known, Magic will have better idea where to shop him. (If you missed chat, it is posted on SheridanHoops.com homepage.)

• Jimmyc says

the best trading assets for Orlando is lakers with dwight howard for andrew bynum and pau gasol.Another would be dwight howard for bobcats draft picks.

• says

Hey Chris… How come everything you report about Dwight Howard turns out to be WRONG??? Who’s your source Huggy Bear? Maybe the gun-to-my-head reporting is causing you to lose credibility buddy… I’m a fan but come on already!

7. Randolph says

Chris Sheridan your the man you made all true Knicks Fans like myself happy when you said Carmelo Anthony will end up with the New York Knicks hopefully Brooklyn Nets bring Dwight Howard and keep Deron Williams.
    NEW YORK CITY STARS: Melo, Amare Tyson,Lin (Big 4) then you D12 and D-will(similar to show time lakers Magic to Kareem) Knicks And Nets will big in NYC .

8. Jimbo says

Not much of a shocker. No sane person would want to come to Orlando as a GM or coach and deal with another year of the Dwight Howard circus. Now they just have to hope that the Nets miraculously get a Top 3 pick (unlikely, aren’t the odds like 8% or something?) so they can get a top player in this draft. Otherwise, I’m sure there’s still a deal out there to be struck, but it’d probably be a bit harder I’m guessing.

9. Randolph says

AS a Knicks fans I hope we keep Lin(I don’t believe he is flash in the pan mark my words he will become a Tony Parker/Steve Nash when he play for the mavs not mvp suns Nash) and as for Brooklyn Nets really hope Dwight and Deron end up playing for the nets cause it will be like the giants and jets rival and dolan wont make bad moves because if nets get d12 and keep d-will dolan wont allow nets take over the knicks and put pressure on melo,and amare to get it done. Knicks vs Nets = Giants vs Jets NYC need this bad so billy king get d12 and d-will to brooklyn cuz we have stars like Melo.Lin,Amare .

10. thomas says

i think the report is bogus also. we all know he’ll get traded chris! we’ve known this since december?? so what type of gratification would you get from ronny?? WE ALREADY KNOW

11. Taylor says

“ESPN.com, meanwhile, was reporting that the Magic were considering hiring Shaquille O’Neal as general manager… as ways to entice Howard to remain.”

Um… doesn’t Dwight hate Shaq?

12. Ronny says

Chris Sheridan is full of crap. This might be true but Chris always reports stuff we already know or things that are obvious. This is a dumb report.

• says

I could delete your post, Ronny, but I will leave it up. And when they trade him, I expect you to come back here and apologize. I don’t make stuff up, and I have gone to extraordinary lengths to protect my journalistic reputation.

• s0urcef0ur says

So when they don’t trade him and he signs an extension you’ll quit being a “journalist” right?

• Andrew says

haha Exactly! So sick of these stupid DH rumors. They have made me lose respect for so many ‘big time’ sports journalists.

• Mike says

Dwight will end up in Brooklyn where he has wanted to go for the past year (although he had his chance already and wimped out in fear of looking like the bad guy.)

It’s only a matter of time.

• vincent says

Mr Sheridan,
        What do you think the brooklyn nets will wind up doing? What percentage chance do they have of trading for howard without a top 3 pick? Also, I feel that D Will will stay with a team of brooks, wallace and lopez. I just think the nets will be able to add that final piece, possibly trade for another star that will keep D Will staying. Have you heard any reports of AK 47 over in Russia. He just won the euroleague mvp and D Will using him as a stretch 4 may just be enough to keep Deron in Brooklyn.

What do you think? And what future pieces can u see the nets adding to keep dwill staying other than howard. Gerald wallace is pretty good for a start.

2012 年 5 月 23 日Hey there! This is my first visit to your blog! We are a team of volunteers and stirnatg a new project in a community in the same niche. Your blog provided us valuable information to work on. You have done a extraordinary job!

Trackbacks

1. [...] Westbrook, Kevin Love, Blake Griffin e Andrew Bynum. – Dizem nos EUA que o Magic decidiu que vai trocar Dwight Howard antes da próxima temporada. E o Rockets vai tentar de tudo para ser o próximo time [...]