- Denver finished with an 11-2 run over the final 2:06 to rally and defeat Philadelphia, 101-100, for their 14th straight victory. Playing without leading scorer Ty Lawson and Wilson Chandler, Corey Brewer scored a career-high 29 points, while Andre Miller scored a season-high 21 points to lead Denver. This was the first time since 2008 that Miller has posted consecutive games with at least 20 points. Denver has now won 16 straight home games and are a NBA-best 31-3 at home.
- Jrue Holliday had 18 points and 15 assists, becoming the first Sixer since Andre Iguodala in 2011 to post those numbers in a game. Damien Wilkins led Philadelphia with 24 points and Spencer Hawes registered a double-double with 17 points and 12 boards. Philadelphia has now lost 15 straight road games (tied for second longest in franchise history) and their six road wins are tied for the fewest in the NBA.
- With Denver’s win over Philadelphia, the Nuggets clinched a playoff spot for the 10th straight season. They’re the 3rd West team to clinch a postseason berth (also Spurs & Thunder). The 76ers loss clinched a playoff spot for the Nets. It’s their 1st playoff berth in 6 seasons, and they’re the 3rd East team clinch this season (also Heat & Pacers).
- In Chicago, the Bulls shot a season-worst 26.8 percent from behind the arc (4-14), as the Blazers won their fourth straight against the Bulls, 99-89. J.J. Hickson pulled down a career-high 21 rebounds, while LaMarcus Aldridge led the Blazers with 28 points. Portland shot 58 percent from the field and committed just one turnover. Chicago has now lost six of their last eight games.
- Tyreke Evans scored 11 of his 21 points in the fourth quarter as the Kings posted consecutive wins for the first time since February 9-10, defeating Minnesota 101-98. Isaiah Thomas led Sacramento with 24 points (third time in last 4 games he has scored 20 or more points). The Timberwolves have now lost 8 straight and 17 of their last 18 on the road.
Stat Mann is the nom de guerre of our research statistician, who spends a lot of time watching basketball in central Connecticut. Someone would be angry if they discovered he was moonlighting here.
Pages: 1 2