Dwecision Day for Dwight? ESPN flying solo on Warriors angle

HowardThe stories stopped popping about the same time the fireworks stopped exploding on the East Coast. And what do we have to start the day as we await Dwight Howard’s Dwecision?

ESPN.com’s Marc Stein and Ramona Shelburne, two of the best in the biz, would appear to be pushing the Dwight-to-Golden State angle hard if you merely glanced at ESPN.com’s home page or NBA page.

That would leave them practically all alone in their current stance on the summer’s biggest free agency story, which is curious to say the least.

Also, a closer perusal of their latest story includes this paragraph:

Sources close to the situation stressed that the famously fickle Howard — deliberating at a hideaway in Aspen, Colo. — still was undecided about choosing between the Houston Rockets,Dallas MavericksGolden State WarriorsAtlanta Hawks and incumbent Lakers. Yet, there were indications late Thursday that Lakers officials, already bracing for the worst, had begun to rethink their long-held position of ruling out sign-and-trade options in the event Howard decides to bolt to one of L.A.’s rivals.

Key words in that article: “Still undecided.”

Mark Heisler tweeted last night that the Lakers would want Klay Thompson and Harrison Barnes in any sign-and-trade, and they want no part of David Lee. Adrian Wojnarowski, who breaks 99 percent of the stories in the NBA, went silent overnight before tweeting this:

And this:

Crickets, too, from Marc Spears of Yahoo, who works out of the Bay Area. Same with ESPN ex-pat Ric Bucher, also based out of the Bay Area.

Also mum is Jarrod Rudolph of RealGM.com, who has broken several Dwight Howard stories over the past few years.

Alex Kennedy of HoopsWorld, one of the top young gun sportswriters out there, is reporting that Dwight would like to play with Jose Calderon — but he is not saying where.

Mike Bresnahan of the Los Angeles Times also is reporting nothing regarding Dwight. Ditto for Marcus Thompson of the San Jose Mercury News, who is always all over everything Warriors.

What does this all mean?

Like I said, Stein and Shelburne are two of the best in the business. SportsCenter is taking the story and blowing it up. The Lakers, Mavs, Rockets and Hawks all look like losers if you are getting your news from only one source — ESPN.

Time will tell is they are right.

Today should be Dwecision Day, and the entire NBA world awaits word from Aspen, Colo., where Dwight has been holed up with his agents and family. Let’s see what the day brings. And then the fallout can commence — whatever that fallout may be.

The top remaining free agent centers include Andrew Bynum, Nikola Pekovic, Chris Kaman and Zaza Pachulia. Al Jefferson is no longer an option, having decided to take less than the max to join the NBA’s worst team, the Charlotte Bobcats. (Nominations for head scratcher Award are hereby closed.)

Check out who else is left on the market in our Top 50 free agents list.

Share the Love
Breaking News

Comments

I enjoy what you guys tend to be up too. Such clever work and exposure!

Keep up the amazin g works guys I’ve added you guys to my personal
    blogroll.

Hello! I know this is somewhat off topic but I was wondering
    which blog platform are you using for this website?
    I’m getting fed up of WordPress because I’ve had problems with hackers and I’m looking at options for another platform.
    I would be fantastic if you could point me in the direction of a good platform.
    Quest Bars blogesaurus

However, to date nobody knows why they sleep a lot, but you gotta admit which they are probably the most adorable creatures when asleep.
    It usually gets them into predicaments and I’ll be damned if
    there’s not someone always there video taping
    it. A quite simple Android application that is worth looking over is Night Stand.

I just like the helpful information you provide for your articles.

I will bookmark your blog and check again right here regularly.
    I’m slightly sure I will be told plenty of new stuff proper right here!

Best of luck for the following!

Natural solution for acne are superior due to several concerned causes.
    First, they do not have negative consequence. See, severe acne are mostly result of side effect caused by the treatment to any other problem
    so you never desire one more side effect. So, negative consequence are crucial factor to think regarding before choosing a acne solution.

After that they are not costly and inexpensive as compared to other treatments.
    Also now the most important factor, they are pretty emphatic and they treat severe acne in holistic
    way.
    Treatment for severe acne

Right here is the right website for anybody who hopes to understand
    this topic. You realize a whole lot its almost hard to argue with you (not that I personally will need to…HaHa).
    You certainly put a fresh spin on a topic which has
    been written about for a long time. Wonderful stuff, just great!

7. Dan says

Chris…it’s really long past time to let the ESPN grudge go. Major turn off for NBA fans that just want news untainted by personal rivalries.