Certifications have become mandatory in the field of IT nowadays. So much so that it would be considered a flaw if you do not have one under your belt, as now it’s a significant mark that testifies your skills as a professional. In addition, a credential nowadays guarantees you a better job position, a higher salary and also implies that you are an ambitious employee who is able to set the goal and achieve it. The world of IT is no exception. Being certified by Microsoft- a leading IT vendor and a reputable company is a great step that you can afford to skip if your aim is to build a successful career in IT.
This article is dedicated to one of the most sought-after certifications known as the MCSE Core Infrastructure and exam which you need to pass in order to become a certified expert – 70-414.
This year Microsoft rolled out new certifications according to the job-roles one is going to apply for. It means that now, the credentials have become more skills-oriented. They also include three levels which are Fundamental, Associate and Expert. Thus, you choose the job position either to become a developer, administrator, solutions architect or functional consultant, and then follow the track by taking the compulsory exams. Previous certifications fall into MTA, MCSA, MCSE, and MCSD. Though some certifications, have been retired (MCSA Office 365, MCSA Linux on Azure, MCSE Cloud Platform and Infrastructure), the rest are still valid, and it MCSE Core Infrastructure is among such.
MCSE Core Infrastructure certification
This is a popular credential which validates your competence in running an extremely operative and high-tech data center, configuring and implementing Windows Server 2012 services, including network access, server deployment, and server virtualization.
The journey towards an MCSE Core Infrastructure certification
This credential can be earned by following a few simple steps:
The first step towards the MCSE Core Infrastructure certification isto be the owner of the MCSA Windows Server 2012 or MCSA Windows Server 2016 certification.
- After getting your MSCA certification you are required to pass any one of the following exams: 70-744, 70-745, 70-413, 70-414, 70-537. In this article, you will be able to learn more about 70-414 test.
- You can now earn your MSCECore Infrastructure credential
What is the Microsoft 70-414 Exam?
Microsoft 70-414 is the exam you have to pass in order to gain the MCSE Core Infrastructurecertification. The exam is known as Implementing an Advanced Server Infrastructure.
In this exam you will be tested on the following skills:
- Maintaining and managing a server infrastructure
- Implementing and planning a highly available enterprise infrastructure
- Implementing and planning a server virtualization infrastructure
- Implementing and designing access and identity solutions
Passing 70-414 exam testifies that you possess up-to-date skills to complete the tasks related to Windows Server 2012 infrastructure and services, in particular, to design, maintain, and deploy them.
Preparing for 70-414 Exam
The official Microsoft site offers the following preparation options:
- Instructor-led training
The instructors themselves have are experts in the field and are able to answer all your questions. They know exactly what you need to learn and develop in order to be eligible for certification.
- Exam preparation videos. You can find a detailed video on how to prepare for the Microsoft exams. Certification experts talk about the relevancy of skills learned in 70-414 exam. It will give you a good insight on the areas you need to focus on and the best methods to follow.
- Self-paced training
You have the option of receiving your training at a pace that you are comfortable with, without having to keep up with others.
- Practice tests
Practice tests are a great way to learn the structure of the examand prepare yourself to face the exam environment. This method of preparation helps you face the exam in a calmer and more concentrated manner. It also trains your mind, refreshes your knowledge, and systematizes the information you’ve learnt. Moreover, practice tests reduce the time you take to recall answers at the exam.
Books are great helpers for you in your preparation process. And similarly, there are books that will help you train for your 70-414 test. Some of them issued by Microsoft to help you with your preparation are: Exam 70-414 Implementing an Advanced Server Infrastructure (Microsoft) and Exam 70-414 Implementing an Advanced Server Infrastructure Lab Manual. These books are available for purchase online.
Apart from the above-mentioned resources, you can find many sites that offer training, practice tests and various other resources to prepare for 70-414 test. For example, Examsnap is a site that offers reliable exam dumps that are opened on the ETE Exam Simulator that give you the feel of a real exam. Even YouTube is a great source when it comes to exams. You can find many videos on exam preparation and even explanations on how to answer certain questions and that would be free of charge, especially, when you are on a tight budget.
Why are certifications so important?
- Certifications are the means by which a potential employer judges your skills. Without certification, there is no way for you to assure your employer that you are capable of performing said skills unless they decide to wing it and give you a try- which is a very rare case.
- A certification can also help you gain new skills and update yourself. In the field of IT, you can’t just get your degree and run around with it until your retirement because the field is constantly seeing new developments which may thwart the validity of what you learned a couple of years ago.
- A certification will act as the factor that makes you unique among the rest of the candidates. Everyone who applies for a job will obviously have a basic degree because it is considered as a foundational level qualification you are expected to have. Hence,a certification will be the criteria your interviewers will use to filter you out from among the other basic degree holders.
Having a certification is good. But, do you know what’s better? Having a credential from a popular and accepted vendor, like Microsoft. There are many IT certifications you can earn that are specializing in various areas in the field. You need to be smart and choose the one that best suits your goals and expectations. As for the MCSE Core Infrastructure, you know how it can be gained, simply be well-prepared to pass your 70-414 test. Use the tips provided in this article, and you’ll pass your exam on the first try.