If you’re the general manager of the Golden State Warriors, how should you feel about the state of the team now that they have been removed from postseason action?
- They were 23-43 just a season ago, good for third worst in the Western Conference.
- Brandon Rush, arguably the team’s best perimeter defender and slasher, was lost for the season two games into the season.
- Andrew Bogut missed 50 games and labored through the entire season.
- Stephen Curry, once again, had multiple episodes of sprained ankles
- They were 47-35 this season and went beyond the first round of the playoffs.
- Curry proved to be a franchise-level player in the regular season and the playoffs. The decision to sign him early to a now-amazing contract helps their salary-cap situation.
- Bogut, even when playing at 50 percent, is an incredibly valuable asset when he’s on the floor. He has the entire offseason to get the troublesome ankle right.
- Klay Thompson, though mostly horrific in the second round for all but one game, proved to be a reliable defensive presence and at times dominant on the offensive end.
- Harrison Barnes proved that he will be a presence in this league when given the opportunity.
- Draymond Green and Festus Ezeli were absolute steals in the second round of the draft.