Here is a list of suspensions issued against Metta World Peace (formerly known as Ron Artest) by the NBA and by his teams.
The 15-year veteran has been suspended on 14 different occasions.
14: Feb. 5, 2013: Suspended one game for grabbing Detroit’s Brandon Knight around the neck and striking him in the jaw.
13. April 24, 2012: Suspended seven games elbowing Oklahoma City’s James Harden in the head.
12. May 5, 2011: Suspended one playoff game for hitting Dallas’ J.J. Barea in the face.
11. July 14, 2007: Suspended seven games for a domestic violence incident.
Artest, then with the Sacramento Kings, pleaded no contest to a misdemeanor domestic violence charge after his then-wife, Kimsha, said he shoved her to the floor inside his home and prevented her from calling 911. That particular spat included Kimsha smashing the windshield of Artest’s Hummer with a frying pan.
10. April 24, 2006: Suspended one playoff game for a flagrant elbow to San Antonio’s Manu Ginobili.
9. November 21, 2004: Suspended 72 games and the playoffs for fighting with Pistons fans in the Malice at the Palace.
Pages: 1 2